Who is Alicia Keys’ Husband?
American hip hop artist Swizz Beatz (real name Kasseem Dean) is the husband of singer, songwriter and pianist Alicia Keys. He began his career as a DJ and went on to add rapping, producing, creative direction and fashion designing to his C.V.
Swizz Beatz was born and raised in The Bronx, New York city, the place where Beatz is close both personally and professionally. He has close ties with several famous music labels including East Coast rapper DMX and the Ruff Ryders Entertainment record label.
Personal Information about Alicia Keys’ darling husband
Real Name: Kasseem Dean
Date of Birth: September 13, 1978 (age 38)
Birth Place: The Bronx, New York City, New York, U.S.
Years active: 1994–present
Profession: Actor, creative director disc jockey fashion designer rapper record executive record producer songwriter visual artist
Partners: Mashonda (married. 2004; divorced. 2010)
Alicia Keys (m. 2010)
Musical Genres: Hip hop R&B
Instrument familiarity:Vocals keyboards sampler synthesizer drums
Labels: Atlantic Everest Warner Monster (current) DreamWorks Full Surface Universal Motown Ruff Ryders (former)
Personal Website: www.swizzbeatzonline.com
Social Media: Twitter, Instagram
Interesting facts about Swizz Beatz
- Beatz was born on Friday the 13th. Kind of breaks the voodoo doesn’t he?
- He relocated to Atlanta as a teenager which was a major step towards his career. He started to D.J the parties which set the blueprints for his career.
- His relatives became involved with the Ruff Ryders label, where he began to produce tracks at the age of 16.
- He produced music in large numbers. This included plethora of rap and R&B gigs but initially struggled to come into limelight but he soon paved his way to stardom from his first solo album 2002’s G.H.E.T.T.O. Stories, his interesting ideas and production style soon started getting eyeballs from major record labels.
- He is of Jamaican and Puerto Rican heritage.
- In 2003, Beats partnered with Kidrobot, a creator and retailer of limited-edition art toys and clothing.
- Swizz Beatz revealed his new sneaker line with Reebok On Twitter in 2010.
- Beatz is an art connoisseur and is known to collect marvelous art pieces. He also actively showcases them on his Instagram account.
How did Alicia Keys meet her husband?
According to Keys, the couple met for the first time when she was 16 and Beatz was 17. They were introduced by a mutual friend who apparently said, “Oh you gotta meet Swizz, and Alicia’s about to blow up and Swizz is doing his thing and maybe one day you’ll work together.”